The YINI’s 5th anniversary was celebrated in June 2018. For this occasion, YINI has published this document “Yogurt for Health – 10 evidence-based conclusions to mark the 5th anniversary of the Yogurt In Nutrition Initiative”
Yogurt for Health: 10 evidence-based conclusions to mark the 5th anniversary of the Yogurt In Nutrition Initiative
In this document, the YINI board reviews the recent advances in scientific understanding about the health effects of yogurt and draws several evidence-based conclusions:
- Yogurt is a nutrient-rich food
- Yogurt consumption is linked with healthier diet and lifestyle
- Yogurt can enhance satiety and help to manage energy intake
- Yogurt consumption is associated with reduced weight gain over time
- Yogurt consumption is associated with reduced risk of Type 2 diabetes
- Yogurt consumption is associated with reduced risk of cardiovascular disease
- Yogurt and other dairy products are recommended for bone health in dietary guidelines around the world
- Yogurt improves lactose digestion in people with lactose maldigestion
- Yogurt with live cultures can contribute to gut health
- Yogurt is part of a sustainable diet.
Overall, substantial accomplishments have been made in the past five years, highlighting exciting potential developments in managing health through yogurt as part of our diet. Ongoing research is opening new doors — to a bright future.