We are delighted to announce the scientific program of the 4th Global Yogurt Summit on the 6th of April 2016 in San Diego, US:
- Chairman Prof. Raanan Shamir (Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel) and Co-Chair Sharon Donovan (PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL, US) will open the symposium ‘Yogurt & (Type 2) Diabetes, translating science into practices‘.
- Jordi Salas-Salvadó (PhD Human Nutrition at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Rovira i Virgili University, Spain) will review research results on ‘Yogurt & Type 2 Diabetes: overview of the recent epidemiological studies’.
- Secondly, Thomas Wolever (Prof. Nutritional Science, University of Toronto, Canada) will discuss research evidence on ‘Fermented dairy intake in relation to glycemic & insulinemia’.
- Li Wen (PhD Endocrinology, Yale School of Medicine, Connecticut, US) will present scientific findings on the ‘Microbiota, small intestine inflammation and Type 2 Diabetes’.
- Constance Brown-Riggs is a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator. She will explain ‘Healthy eating: an important part of Type 2 Diabetes effective prevention.’
- Angelo Tremblay (PhD at the Department of Kinesiology, Laval University, Canada) will continue on the subject of healthy eating with ‘Yogurt as a signature of a healthy diet & lifestyle’.
- Prof. Andrew M. Prentice (MRC International Nutrition Group, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, UK) will evaluate ‘Yogurt & Type 2 Diabetes: translating epidemiological evidence into public health‘, by discussing the results from an economic model for the use of yogurt in type 2 diabetes risk reduction in the UK.
- Azmina Govindji (RD) and Megrette Fletcher will host a special session on ‘Yogurt & Type 2 Diabetes – putting it all into practice’.
- Chairman Prof. Raanan Shamir (Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel) Sharon Donovan (PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL, US) will close the symposium and will highlight important conclusions and recommendations.
Last but not least, our special guests Hubert Cormier (RD) and Cheryl Sternman Rule, food writer and blogger, will surprise you with an unique yogurt tasting session.