We are delighted to announce the scientific program of the 4th Global Yogurt Summit on the 6th of April 2016 in San Diego, US:
- Chairman Prof. Raanan Shamir (Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel) and Co-Chair Sharon Donovan (PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL, US) will open the symposium ‘Yogurt & (Type 2) Diabetes, translating science into practices‘.
- Jordi Salas-Salvadó (PhD Human Nutrition at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Rovira i Virgili University, Spain) will review research results on ‘Yogurt & Type 2 Diabetes: overview of the recent epidemiological studies’.
- Secondly, Thomas Wolever (Prof. Nutritional Science, University of Toronto, Canada) will discuss research evidence on ‘Fermented dairy intake in relation to glycemic & insulinemia’.
- Li Wen (PhD Endocrinology, Yale School of Medicine, Connecticut, US) will present scientific findings on the ‘Microbiota, small intestine inflammation and Type 2 Diabetes’.
- Constance Brown-Riggs is a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator. She will explain ‘Healthy eating: an important part of Type 2 Diabetes effective prevention.’
- Angelo Tremblay (PhD at the Department of Kinesiology, Laval University, Canada) will continue on the subject of healthy eating with ‘Yogurt as a signature of a healthy diet & lifestyle’.
- Prof. Andrew M. Prentice (MRC International Nutrition Group, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, UK) will evaluate ‘Yogurt & Type 2 Diabetes: translating epidemiological evidence into public health‘, by discussing the results from an economic model for the use of yogurt in type 2 diabetes risk reduction in the UK.
- Azmina Govindji (RD) and Megrette Fletcher will host a special session on ‘Yogurt & Type 2 Diabetes – putting it all into practice’.
- Chairman Prof. Raanan Shamir (Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel) Sharon Donovan (PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL, US) will close the symposium and will highlight important conclusions and recommendations.