IN A NUTSHELL: Recently published in Current Developments in Nutrition, this article is based on a session held at the ASN 2019 meeting. The ASN session included 4 individual presentations. The first presentation examined some of the issues related to the latest thinking on diets for optimal personal, public, and planetary health. The second presentation focused on sustainable production for sustainable consumption. Presentations 3 and 4 analyzed a subset of factors that affect an individual’s ability to access a healthy diet.
This article is based on a session at ASN 2019 entitled Nutrients, Foods, Diets, People: Promoting Healthy Eating. A summary of the 4 presentations at this session is included in this article. The overarching themes that link these 4 presentations are sustainability and food systems. The subjects range from newer definitions of healthy eating to linking sustainable production to sustainable consumption. Two of the papers discuss the importance of the cost of a healthy diet and information as facilitators or barriers to consuming a healthy diet.
Source: Fanzo J. et al., Nutrients, Foods, Diets, People: Promoting Healthy Eating. Current Developments in Nutrition, Volume 4, Issue 6, June 2020, nzaa069
TO GO FURTHER, WE MAY HAVE SOME DOCUMENTS FOR YOU:
- Dietary guidance aims for a healthy planet
- What are the differences between EAT Lancet and Dietary Guidelines for Americans?
- Just eating healthier is not enough
- Eating to protect our health – and our planet: What needs to change in food production to help us achieve a sustainable diet?
- Balancing health and environment: how dairy products tip the scales
- Simple changes to your diet may help save the environment
- How to achieve sustainable healthy eating in practice?
You can also try some tasty recipes