Discover below the infographic developped for the symposium organized during FENS 2019.
Malnutrition refers to deficiencies, excesses, or imbalances in a person’s intake of energy and/or nutrients.
It addresses 3 groups of conditions:
- Related to undernutrition :
- Wasting (low weight-for-height)
- Stunting (low height-for-age)
- Underweight (low weight-for-age)
- Micronutrient-related malnutrition (deficiencies & excess)
- Overweight, obesity and diet-related Noncommunicable diseases
How yogurt can help?
- Yogurt is a nutrient-dense food
- Yogurt consumption is associated with less weight gain over time
- Yogurt consumption is associated with a reduced risk of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) and Cardioascular Diseases (CVD)
- Yogurt can be part of a sustainable diet