- All Purpose Flour, sifted 1 lb
- Salt 1/2 tablespoon
- Unsalted Butter, softened 1/2 lb (1 cup)
- Plain Yogurt, 2% 1/2 cup
- Sugar, granulated 1 lb
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Eggs, whole and large, lightly beated 8
- Preheat oven to 325°F (180°C). Butter two 5×9 inch loaf pans.
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar at high speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Scrap down the mixing bowl. Add vanilla extract and plain yogurt into the mixture and beat at medium speed.
- Then slowly add egg mixture in 3 portions while the mixture is beating at medium speed.
- Scrap down the bowl and reduce speed to low.
- Gradually add in flour mixture in 3 portions until blenderized.
- Pour batter into the greased baking pans evenly.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool cake on rack for half an hour. Serve plain or with fresh fruit and cream.