- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (approximately one lemon)
- Salt to taste
- 2 pounds skinless chicken breasts (note: you can use thighs and drumsticks as pictured, but the dish will be higher in calories and saturated fat)
- 2 lemons (for drizzling over cooked chicken)
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, ginger, paprika, cumin, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Toss chicken breasts in spice mixture coating all sides evenly., Cover and place in refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Take chicken out of refrigerator and place in a roasting pan. Scoop out remaining yogurt mixture from bowl and cover tops of chicken (this helps to give the chicken extra flavor and keep it extra moist during cooking. Roast chicken for about 30 minutes, until chicken is completely cooked through and is no longer pink.
- Finish cooking chicken 6 inches (15 cm) under broiler until outside begins to darken, about 3-5 minutes. Slice lemons and serve at side of chicken to be squeezed over it.
Calories: 58 Fat: 2 g Saturated fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 6 g Sugar: 0 gSodium: 50 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 6 g Cholesterol: 3 mg