The review of an extensive literature search was conducted in November 2013. Randomized controlled trials were selected and categorized, according to the eligibility criteria, established in the protocol. 213 studies were identified as relevant to the scoping question :
- bone health (14 studies),
- weight management and nutrition related health outcomes (81 studies),
- metabolic health (6 studies);
- cardiovascular health (57 studies);
- gastrointestinal health (24 studies);
- cancer (39 studies);
- diabetes (13 studies),
- Other outcomes (14 studies).
Yogurt and weight gain
According to the authors, there is a substantial evidence base for investigating the health effects of conventional yogurt, which is more related to weight management and nutrition-related health outcomes, cardiovascular health, gastrointestinal health and cancer.
Read now the results of the systematic review on Yogurt and Weight Management.