If you’ve never traveled to a country where savory yogurt rules, you may be surprised by how much you love the simple and healthful marriage of diced salad ingredients with plain yogurt drizzled with olive oil. The clean flavors shine at breakfast, lunch, or anytime you need an energy boost. And yes, you can swap in any fresh, seasonal, raw vegetables you like.
Serves 1 or 2
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ avocado, diced
- ½ cup diced unpeeled English cucumber
- 1 thick slice tomato, diced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Finishing salt, such as Maldon
- Substantial sprinkling of minced fresh herbs or microgreens of your choice
With the back of a spoon, spread the yogurt in a wide, shallow bowl. Sprinkle in the avocado, cucumber, and tomato. Drizzle with the oil. Season with salt and garnish generously with the herbs or microgreens.
Cheryl opts for whole-milk Greek yogurt here and encourages you to do so as well.