- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 2 Kirby or Persian cucumbers
- ¼ head romaine lettuce
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- Put the yogurt in a medium bowl, add the basil and parsley, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Mince the garlic.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar, mustard powder, salt, and black pepper.
- While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified.
- Cut the tomatoes and cucumbers into ¼-inch dice and shred the romaine. Cut the yellow bell pepper in half, discard the seeds, and cut into ¼-inch dice. Peel and grate the carrots.
- To assemble the parfaits, layer the bottom of each of 4 parfait glasses with ¼ cup diced tomatoes, followed by ¼ cup diced cucumbers and ½ cup shredded lettuce.
- Gently press down with the back of a spoon to pack the ingredients.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture, ¼ cup of the diced yellow pepper, and then ¼ cup of the shredded carrots.
- Drizzle with 1½ tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Calories: 168; Total Fat: 14 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Protein: 4 grams; Total Carbohydrates: 9 grams; Sugars: 4 grams; Fiber: 2 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 166 milligrams