Selected for you this week: Grilled lamb kabobs with mint yogurt sauce, by Williams Sonoma posted on The Food Channel.
Every week, we bring you valuable quotes from around the web on yogurt.
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 pound lamb cut from the leg, shoulder or loin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 lemon wedges
- Line a fine-mesh sieve with cheesecloth and place over a bowl. Spoon the yogurt into the sieve. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to drain.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. At the same time, put 6 bamboo skewers in water to cover.
- In a bowl, combine the lamb and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the drained yogurt, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the chopped mint, the garlic and lemon juice. Stir to mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Drain the skewers and thread the lamb pieces onto them, dividing them evenly. Place on the grill rack 4 to 5 inches from the fire and grill until browned on one side, about 5 minutes. Turn the kabobs and continue to grill until browned on the other side and medium-rare at the center, 4 to 5 minutes more, or until done to your liking.
- Transfer the kabobs to a serving platter, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle the yogurt sauce over them. Garnish with the lemon wedges and mint sprigs.
- Serve immediately, warm or at room temperature.