An easy, make-ahead breakfast packed with plenty of protein and heart-healthy fats to give you all day energy.
Ingredients for 5 servings
- 32 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups mixed berries (i.e. raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc.)
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds – shelled
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla. Pour into a liquid measuring cup and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together seeds, nuts and spices.
- To assemble parfaits, set out five glasses or mason jars and pour in ¼ cup or so of the yogurt mixture into each glass.
- Top the yogurt layer with a couple tablespoons of the nut and seed mixture.
- Sprinkle a couple tablespoons of berries on top of the nut mixture then begin again with yogurt.
- Repeat the layers until all ingredients have been used.
- Seal mason jars or cover glasses with plastic wrap until you’re ready to serve.
- These will keep in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap for up to 5 days.
- Serving size: 1 glass
- Calories: 361
- Fat: 18.6 g
- Saturated fat: 2.2 g
- Unsaturated fat: 16.4 g
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 40.2 g
- Sugar: 23 g
- Sodium: 231 mg
- Fiber: 12.3 g
- Protein: 15.1 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg