Ingredients (24 pieces)
- 2 potatoes , idaho
- 2 tbsp olive oil , divided
- ½ tsp salt , divided
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded gruyere
- 2 onion
- 1 cup yogurt , greek
- ¼ cup chives , fresh, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (200°C).
- Wash the potatoes and slice into thin rounds, 12 per potato. In a mixing bowl, toss together with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread into a single layer on a parchment-line cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.
- As the potatoes roast, prep the onions: Cut off the ends, halve, peel off the outermost layer of skin, and thinly slice. In a sauté pan, bring the onions and 1 Tbsp. olive to high heat. Cook until the onions become tender and translucent, then reduce the temperature to medium and let them caramelize.
- After the potatoes have cooked for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and flip. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- In a food processor, blend to a fine consistency the Greek Yogurt, chives, salt, and pepper. Transfer to an air-tight container and refrigerate.
- Once the potatoes are finished cooking and the onions are caramelized, assemble the rounds: Top the potatoes with forkfuls of onions and sprinkle with Gruyere. Finish with the yogurt sauce and serve while still warm.