— Mary-Jo Overwater RD (@mjgorgeous)
Prof. Angelo Tremblay opinion:
- Seems to be differences between yogurts. High fat intake is making appetite control more complex and may result in an increase in energy intake.
- If yogurt supplemented with good bacteria influencing energy balance, it might be another fruitful action to increase the benefits of a yogurt.
- Yogurt is a flexible food, a flexible matrix: gives possibility for reformulations.
- Yes there seems to be differences between yogurts depending on the composition, the bacteria strains…
Prof. Jordi Salas opinion:
- The protective role of yogurt is for all the types of yogurts containing: Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus bulgaricus.
- These beneficial effects of yogurt on the reduced risk of diabetes have been observed not only in full fat yogurt but also in low fat.
- Not all types of fatty acids have the same effect on insulin resistance. Those contained in yogurt have beneficial effects on reducing the risk of diabetes.