- 500g of peeled and diced potatoes
- Salt to taste
- 150g of clean and finely diced shrimp (can be replaced with Sea bass)
- 25g of unsalted butter
- 150ml of Greek yogurt
- 50g of Gruyere cheese
- One egg yolk
- 15g of thyme and fresh oregano (diced leaves only)
- Black pepper to taste
- 150g of wheat flour
- 150g of chopped almonds
- One egg
- One egg white
- Canola oil for frying
- In a pan, cook the potatoes in poorly salted water until they soften.
- Drain the water from the pan and mash them with a fork. Add the shrimp, butter, yogurt, cheese, one egg yolk, thyme, oregano, pepper and salt and mix well.
- Sprinkle your counter with flour and then split the dough into four parts.
- Slice each part into 1.5cm thick strips. Sprinkle each strip with more flour and let them cool. With a knife, cut the strips into 10cm pieces each.
- Separately, put both flour and almonds in separate bowls, and beat a whole egg with the remaining egg white.
- With a spatula, crumb the croquettes first with the flour, then dip them into the beaten eggs, and finally, crumb them again with the almonds. Store them in the fridge for 1 hour.
- In another pan, heat the oil and fry them until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with green salad.
More to come tomorrow.