1. Tenderize meat: Increase the juiciness of holiday roasts by marinating them overnight in Greek yogurt mixed with herbs and spices.
2. Craft a new trifle: Layer yogurt with pomegranate, walnuts, and honey in a parfait cup for a gluten-free treat.
3. Top desserts: Serve pumpkin pie, gingerbread, and other desserts with a dollop of rich Greek yogurt instead of sugary whipped cream.
4. Make healthier ice cream: Put Greek yogurt into an ice cream maker with honey and blueberries for homemade frozen yogurt. It’s that simple.
5. Slim down mashed potatoes: Add Greek yogurt to mashed potatoes instead of butter to turn a normally fattening side into a protein-packed dish.
6. Bake smarter: Use Greek Yogurt as a fat substitute (sub it in for butter, oil, shortening) in baked goods—it’s much richer and more flavorful than applesauce. Tweak the flavor by adding honey, vanilla, cocoa powder, etc.