- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups (about 1 pound) cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2/3 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Prep time: 12 minutes – Cook time: 30 minutes
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with ¼ teaspoon of the salt and the pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the chicken and cook until browned, about 6 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set it aside.
- Add the shallot and garlic to the skillet you used for the chicken, and cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the cremini mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have softened and their juices are released, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushroom mixture and continue cooking, still stirring, until it is incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Add the broth, wine, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and continue to cook until the sauce thickens, 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and thyme to the skillet and simmer gently over medium-low heat for 4 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Place the yogurt in a small bowl. Spoon ¼ cup of the mushroom sauce into the yogurt to warm it. Add the warmed yogurt mixture to the skillet and stir to incorporate.
- Place 1 piece of chicken on each of four plates and top with ¾ cup of the mushroom sauce. Sprinkle the parsley over the chicken, and serve immediately.
1 piece chicken and ¾ cup sauce
Nutrition information (per serving)
Calories: 335; Total Fat: 12 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Protein: 45 grams; Total Carbohydrates: 11 grams; Sugars: 4 grams; Fiber: 1 gram; Cholesterol: 109 milligrams; Sodium: 532 milligrams