Selected for you this week: A yummy pancakes recipe with yogurt and banana, by Christy Wilson. Every week, we bring you valuable quotes from around the web on yogurt.
Ingredients (15, four-inch pancakes)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 frozen banana, thawed (or very ripe banana, smashed)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 pouches (2/3 cup) Chobani Tots Greek Yogurt Banana and Pumpkin variety
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl add flours, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix dry ingredients together to evenly distribute ingredients.
- In a medium bowl mix eggs, milk, and frozen banana together. Break up any large pieces of frozen or fresh ripe banana–unless you like your pancakes chunky. Whisk brown sugar, yogurt and vanilla into the bowl.
- Gradually pour wet ingredients into the dry and stir. Let the batter rest while you heat up your pan or griddle and the mixture will thicken slightly.
- Heat a heavy frying pan over medium heat, or set an electric griddle to 375°F (190 °C). Lightly grease frying pan or griddle with oil or butter.
- Add 1/4 cup of batter onto your lightly greased pan. Bake on one side until bubbles begin to form and break, about 2 minutes; then turn the pancakes and cook the other side until brown, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.