A simple, yet fun and unusual treat you can be creative with! These roasted plantain boats are filled with Greek yogurt, shredded coconut, and pistachios for a satisfyingly sweet and healthy way to end a meal.
Ingredients (1 serving size)
- 2 ripe plantains, peel removed
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons shelled pistachios
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place plantains on baking sheet.
- Drizzle coconut oil over each plantain. Place pan in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and carefully flip plantains over, then return to oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow plantains to cool for 10 minutes. Set plantains up so you can easily cut them open down the middle (do not cut all the way through the plantain). Gently spread the plantain open so you can stuff the inside with the toppings.