Selected for you this week: passion fruit panna cotta, a recipe out of Hubert Cormiers yogurt recipe book ‘Ma table festive’. This recipe was part of the yogurt tasting session at the 4th Yogurt Summit in San Diego.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 60 ml (¼ of a cup) of cold water
- 7 grams (1 sachet) of gelatin
- 500 ml (2 cups) of vanilla Greek yogurt
- 250 ml (1 cup) of milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) of whipping cream (35% fat)
- 60 ml (¼ of a cup) + 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of granulated sugar
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of lemon juice
- 4 passion fruits
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- Drop the gelatin into the cold water and leave for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the yogurt and half the milk and cream.
- In a small pan, bring the rest of the milk and cream to the boil and add 60 ml (¼ of a cup) of sugar and the jalapeño pepper.
- Remove from the heat and discard the pepper.
- Stir in the gelatin, which should dilute completely. Beat with a whisk.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of yogurt and mix.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Divide the mixture into 4 glasses and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Scoop out the passion fruit pulp and cook it in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add the remaining sugar and keep stirring.
- Decorate the panna cottas with the passion fruit syrup.
Copyright: Hubert Cormier